About CLUBS for the QUEST
Clubs for the QUEST is a national fundraising campaign in partnership with health and fitness clubs across the country. The clubs are asked to support Augie’s Quest by coordinating a fundraiser in their clubs. CLICK HERE to learn more!
How to Implement
Working with the group exercise director and/or general manager, determine what type of event would be the best fit for the club. Focus on one or several of the following options to get started.
Group Exercise Class
The most sought after instructors hold a designated class to raise money. Members sign up by reserving their spot for a pre-determined dollar amount ($50 works best) donation per hour (many clubs go for up to 3 hours). They often hold the event in the parking lot or grassy area to make it fun and different, and to maximize participation.
- This format can be followed for any group exercise class, including Ride for a Cure with indoor cycling (most popular), Step Up for a Cure step classes, Core for a Cure abs class, Knockout ALS Kickboxing, etc.
- To encourage additional fundraising, your participants can raise additional funds online through our Augie’s Quest page.
- Club chains can hold the group exercise class on the same day to motivate the competitive instructors and generate excitement.
For a designated month, new member fees are waived or discounted if the person makes a donation of an equal amount to Augie’s Quest.
The club will select a month to sell Clubs for the QUEST mobiles to their members.
- This works best in clubs that have the ability to make a monetary transaction as their members enter the club.
- A key element for success is including coupons with the mobile. Use the generic Clubs for the QUEST mobile, and each time a donation is made, the club employee gives members a coupon for a free two-week guest pass, a 20 percent discount to the pro shop or a coupon for a free training session for a larger donation.
Many clubs have had success coordinating grassroots fundraising with their clubs including:
- Silent auction and wine tastings with their members
- Small-scale social events at the club
- Online fundraising
For more information, please contact email@example.com.